Hi, I’m Biljana (pronounced as Bilyana).
I love early mornings, late nights, laughter and coffee. Everything else I can think of comes under one of these four.
I’m a mother of a six-year-old and a four-year-old who, after years of turmoil, living out of a suitcase and with no permanent address, decided to start her own home-based business and be her own boss instead of working in the office for some random person.
My goal is to encourage and motivate women who want change to go for it and become their own bosses. Becoming an entrepreneur from the comfort of my home was hard, but it was also one of the most rewarding moves I took for myself. There are many I know who are on the verge of the same idea of change but just need a little nudge to do it.
That is how I got the idea of sharing my experience and teaching others how to do it. I did it at the age of 40 but it’s not about the age, it’s about the clarity of your mind and vision for yourself. Where do you see yourself in five years? What do you need to do to get there? How to make the first step.
I saw myself as a business owner and what I needed to do was to take the first step, so I did. One of the steps of me being successful is to blog, share what I know and what I learned along the way. And, I’ll tell you, some way it was!
So, what you will find on this blog is me blogging about me becoming an entrepreneur. My idea was to document everything that I do with and about my business and blog so you and I can learn together and see what works and what doesn’t. This exercise will be much more comfortable for you than me – we’ll both learn from my mistakes. Don’t mention it (wink).
Also, I’m well on track with sorting my messed up mind with some self-love practices that have many elements. So, the combination on this blog might be a bit of a hybrid that entails a few things, for example,
- how I learnt to practice self-love as a stay at home mum and not suffocate myself by living and serving my family only. Now, this is not going to be ‘oh, poor me, nobody understands me, and nobody loves me’ kinda rant. No. I love my family to the moon and back but I love myself too, and I need to take care of myself first so I could love and take care of my family. See where I’m going with this?
- Why I learnt to cook at the age of 36 and what it did for me. I’ll share recipes with you under Feel Good Food category. Most of them are quick, easy and tasty – the three coolest things about recipes because that’s how I roll. I’m foody and if you are one too, let’s talk food!
- What I read and most of the books that I review. I’m very territorial about my reading time and my books, but I do like to share what I read and to chat about all things books. Will you talk books with me?
- Occasionally about the book that I’ve been working on…
- Yoga and what it’s done for me. That’s A LOT! What’s your fitness thing?
- As I mentioned earlier, documenting what’s going on with this blog and how it’s going. I will be trying things when it comes to growth of the blog and its exposure on social media, and Pinterest; I’ll be testing different affiliate marketing moves and grooves to find what works for me, ways of monetising this blog and will do my best to share it all so I can learn and other people can learn. It’s always better to learn from other people’s mistakes, right?
- Oh, coffee. I LOVE coffee. We have to have coffee together. Did I already say that I love coffee? Ok, I think you got it. Did you?
Now, you can follow all of it or only parts of interest to you but do let me occasionally know your thoughts either in comments to the posts directly or getting in touch with me. You can find different ways to contact me on my Get In Touch page.
Let me tell you a bit more about myself, so you get a better idea of where is this all coming from.
I used to be a development aid worker. That means that I had worked in war and post-war zones, places like Bosnia, Kosovo, and Afghanistan. That lasted for almost 12 years, and I loved it! To that extent that I thought, this is what I want to do for the rest of my life. When I just turned 34, a group of… people had thought that it would be a real scoot to kill my team and me, so I nearly did work on the job till the end of my life. You can read about that briefly here. And here. I’ve struggled with PTSD, so you’ll find me writing about it.
But, they failed, and I thrived. I’ll tell you all about how I came to where I am now. That’s what the bullet points are about – where I was, where they threw me and how I got back. Who and what helped me, how I changed and what the change means to me and those around me. Here is where self-love comes to play. To find out more, you’ll have to stick around.
At about the same time my first career change happened. I became a mother. Now, there was nothing easy about this change, and I mean nothing, but I’ll tell you that I’ve enjoyed and loved every step of the way. Glance back to the first bullet point, and again that’s when the change and self-love kick in.
Eventually, (that’d be, now) I needed to decide what the hell I’m going to do and I think I found it. Am I on the right path? We’ll be able to tell soon enough, I guess.
While you’re here, why don’t you let me know your thoughts or you can just sit back and enjoy? Oh, yes, and share with your friends if there is anything that you like. Because sharing is caring.