This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure Policy
If you have been in a bookstore lately, then you probably saw how big the self-improvement section is. There are more self-help related titles than we could ever read and counting. Although reading is easy, simple and cheap, it can still pose a challenge in a busy world such as ours. Nevertheless, with the recent popularisation of audiobooks reading became even easier.
Books have helped me on many occasions in my life. I love books in all shapes and forms. I love reading them, collecting them, giving books as gifts, reading and writing about them. To share some of my book love, I will give you five titles that are my favourite must-reads in self-improvement department. The ones that have had an everlasting impact on my personal life, professional or both.
Here we go.
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield. If you struggle with procrastination, then this book is for you to procrastinate a little longer until you read it. It is a humorous and insightful read about why we procrastinate and how to stop doing it.
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tole. If you are willing to learn how to live your life in the present moment and control your own happiness, this book is perfect for you.
- The New One Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard & Spencer Johnson. A beautiful story that reveals 3 one-minute secrets on how to lead and manage. These secrets helped me not only in the way I run my business but in the way I parent too.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey. A life-changing read on effective personal management. It had a significant impact on my life when I first read it, and I keep it as one of my favourite reminders.
- Purple Cow by Seth Godin. How to use creative marketing to avoid being invisible and transform your business by being remarkable. The principles can be translated into our private life too.
What are your favourite titles? Have you read any of the books on my list? If not, what will be the first one you will reach for? Share your thoughts, comments or just love in the comments box below. Sharing is caring.
Don’t forget, Be kind to yourself.